Wednesday, June 23, 2010

saying bye to Andy

Today I went to the much anticipated film with a few friends at the local, always clean, always classy, movie theatre. By a few friends I mean my 15 year old sister and two of her friends. But who's judging? And also, by always clean, always classy, I mean about 25 years old and disgusting. Anyways, at the end of the movie I found tears in my eyes. And I don't mean like a few tears making me a little misty eyed, I'm talking border line bawling. Right there. In the Little Theatre. With three 15-year olds. At the end of a rated-G movie. I honestly felt like what was left of my childhood was slipping away as (SPOILER ALERT) Andy played with Buzz, Woody, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head and the rest of the game one last time before handing them over to some chick named Bonnie. SERIOUSLY ANDY???? I took Jack (my stuffed cat) to college with me!! How could you leave them behind? I'm going to go ahead and say I found water dripping down my cheeks because I was so angry at Andy. NOT because I felt sad and not because I know what going off to college and leaving your childhood possessions (and childhood) behind feels like. I feel seriously relieved that I still have all my stuffed animals and even brought my most prized one along for the ride with me. I probably would have felt like a terrible person if I hadn't done those things. I mean, not that I actually believe that my toys come alive as soon as I leave the room...... Point of the story: Toy Story 3 is not available in 3D at the Little Theatre. And that I can totally relate with the toys.

1 comment:

  1. i brought blankie/puffpuff to college and pat. bob the raccoon and superdog hibernate on my bed at home until i come back during the summer

    ReplyDelete